Italy is the third-largest economy in the Eurozone and the fifth largest market in Europe for Irish exports.
To help you prepare, take a look at our suggestions of questions to ask your Market Advisor.
- What is the awareness of Ireland in Italy and how is Ireland perceived?
- What are the core sectors and what sectors should I avoid?
- Will I need a local partner company?
- Will I need one or more distributors/dealers if I want to cover the whole of Italy?
- What kind of obstacles should I expect when entering this market?
- What is the business culture in Italy? Is it different from Ireland and if so, in what ways?
- How easy is it to communicate in English? Do I need to speak/understand Italian? Do I need to have an Italian speaker in the company?
- What local competitors are active in this market?
- What social norms should I be cognizant of when engaging in meetings with local people?
- Will I need to set up an office in the region? Will I need the help of a local expert to follow all the procedures?
- Will I need to hire local staff? If so, how flexible is the labour market?
- Can I relocate Irish staff in this region?
Our Market Advisors are always available to support you and provide business expertise and on-the-ground knowledge.
For more, download our Going Global Guide