Doing Business In South Korea,
2021 marks the 10th anniversary of the EU-South Korea Free Trade Agreement (FTA), the first FTA the EU signed with an Asian country.
The EU-South Korea FTA had been in effect provisionally since 2011 and has been in full enforcement since 2015. The FTA was the most comprehensive free trade agreement the EU had ever negotiated, eliminating customs duties on nearly all products (98.7%) and addressing non-tariff barriers (NTBs) to provide an easier business environment for European businesses.
The EU-South Korea FTA can provide enhanced business opportunities for Irish businesses. This webinar brings together experts on the topic to provide knowledge and insights on key elements of the FTA and to enable Irish businesses to utilise the FTA to its fullest when doing business in South Korea.
• Introduction: Taewon Um, Country Manager South Korea, Enterprise Ireland
• Opening Address: Minister Robert Troy, Minister of State for Trade Promotion, Digital and Company Regulation
• EU-Korea FTA: Milestones & Achievements: Christophe Besse, Head of Trade and Economy Section, Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Korea
• Effective Utilisation of EU-Korea FTA for Irish Businesses: Youngmo Lee, Partner, PwC Customs Service Corporation
• An Irish Experience – Exporter Case Study: James Flahavan, International Business Development Manager and Company Director, E. Flahavan and Sons Limited.
• Panel Discussion and Q&As
- John Dunne – Managing Director of Foremost Freight Ltd
- Ray Ryan – Assistant Principal at Revenue, Irish Tax and Customs
- Niall McCormack – Founder & Director at Corr Optical
- Anita Clinton Fitzgerald – Procurement, QMS and Compliance Manager, Mace Promotions
Doing Business in South Korea Webinar Speakers
Join us tomorrow as we assess the net zero ambition of the UK agri sector and the implications for Irish SMEs working in the industry. @MichaelHaverty, Partner with @AndersonsCentre, will be on hand to deliver a comprehensive briefing and Q&A session http://bit.ly/2U1gk9z