Before beginning your export journey you must clearly identify your target market. You may have preferences based on previous experience, understanding of the language or culture or simply some connection with the market, though a good starting point it’s not enough of a reason to export to this market.
Market Research will form the backbone of your export strategy as you begin to validate your plans.
The key elements for consideration are:
- What makes your product unique
- Who are your competitors in your selected research market?
- Who are the buyers in that market?
- How does your product compare in terms of pricing?
- How is the product sold in that market?
- What are the local regulations, certification for selling your product and can you currently comply?
- A clear understanding as to why you have selected this market as the potential first market.
What supports are available?
If your business is at an early development stage the Local Enterprise Office has the supports to help you plan, start and grow
If you are are already supported by Enterprise Ireland you can contact your Development Advisor here.
The Market Research Centre provides access to world class research databases to help client companies make better, more informed business decisions. Contact the Market Research Centre here.
Enterprise Ireland hosts events to assist companies’ growth plans – See our events calendar for details.
Our Market pages and Going Global guides provide expert insights and contact details for our overseas offices.
Learn how our Exporter Development team can support your growth.